I love this One Handed Tiger Pose, it's one of my top ten poses and great for beginners.
One handed Tiger Pose or eka hasta vyaghrasana stretches the shoulder and front of the thigh, strengthens the arms and tones the kidneys. This posture increases energy and stimulates the endocrine system (adrenal glands).To do this:
1. Start off in Tabletop pose, exhale and reach the right foot towards the ceiling with the knee bent and the spine gently arching.
2. Fix your gaze ahead and shift your weight into your right hand.
3. Slowly, slowly reach the left hand to hold the inside of the right ankle and with both arms straight lift the leg higher.
4. Hold for up to five breaths.
5. To come out of the pose exhale and let the arm and leg gently move to the floor and back into Tabletop Pose.
6. Repeat on the opposite side.
Avoid if you have had a recent or chronic injury to the back, hips, shoulders or knees.If you find it uncomfortable on the knees place a folded blanket under the knees to protect them from the pressure.